About Carrillo IP
CARRILLO IP is a law firm established in Guatemala City specialized in the Intellectual Property (IP) field.
Its founder has been recognized in the region for over thirty years as an icon in the Intellectual Property field, whose mission is to offer comprehensive advice and effective solutions providing an excellent service meeting the expectations of responsibility, knowledge and agility that our world demands.
The firm works with a broad list of clients from all over the world. It offers a team of highly specialized attorneys, allowing us to successfully deal with a great variety of cases. Our commitment is to provide efficient, timely and legal advice that meets the highest quality standards.
The firm is member of important Intellectual Property associations, such as the Inter-American Intellectual Property Association (ASIPI), International Trademark Association (INTA), and the Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), among others. Our partner is co-founder of the Guatemalan Chamber for the Protection of Intellectual Property of Guatemala.
Provide highly specialized legal services in the Intellectual Property field and the protection of personal data, offering practical solutions based on extensive experience and objective business vision.
Establish our firm as a driving force behind innovation and industrial development by promoting the culture for Intellectual Property protection.
Our partners’ experience has allowed us to exercise in dealing with all types of intellectual property cases, such as the registration and opposition of trademarks and patents, as well as the judicial defense thereof. Our partners have worked with important multinational companies dedicated among others, to consumer products, to the scientific field, pharmaceutical laboratories and software, having developed multiple legal opinions on the availability and proper use of brands.
The firm, managed by Analucia Carrillo is dedicated, among others, to preparing all the files for the presentation and procurement of the procedures for registering trademarks, patents, industrial designs, utility models and service brands, deceptive advertising processes, protection of intellectual property rights, negotiating and preparing the use license agreements.
Analucia Carrillo M
- Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Attorney at Law and Notary, (1992)
- Fordham University, International Laws and Procedures on International Intellectual Property, New York, (1997);
- Harvard University Law School, Internet Law Program, (2002);
- INCAE Business School and Georgetown University, School of Law, Legal Aspects of International Business, (2003),
- American Institute of Legal Studies, Ann Arbor, Michigan, (2006);
- Franklin Pierce Institute, New Hampshire, (2007)
- Founding Partner of Carrillo IP
- Assistant Professor of the Notarial Law Program, Universidad Francisco Marroquín.
- Representative for Guatemala for the IAR Committee for the International Association of Intellectual Property – INTA, November 2003;
- Representative for Guatemala for the Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property – ASIPI
- Vice President of the Guatemalan Chamber of Industrial Property 2017 to date.
- Bar Association and Notaries of Guatemala, International Intellectual Property Association (INTA);
- Inter-American Intellectual Property Association – (ASIPI);
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
- Intellectual Property
- Corporate Law
English – Spanish – Italian